Saturday, October 8, 2011

Asshole referrer spam assholes.

So, with Blogger, you can track your pageviews, which is all well and good.  There's even a handy feature which lets you know which referrer sites are generating pageviews (sites which link to your posts).  For instance, my posts mostly autofeed to my Tumblr, so when someone clicks through from Tumblr, my tumblr page shows up as a referrer.  Well, I keep noticing strange referrers, and the most recent one is pu.gg -- I thought I'd just do a quick Google search: "What is 'pu.gg'?"  Sure enough, it's spam.  Here's some helpful info from the Blogger help forum about these referrer spams:


Posted by Dirtycowgirl: 
"Hi, it's referrer spam.
I've seen this site in mine too.

"Designed to appear in your stats so that you then go and visit their site.
It does your blog no harm, just gives you a pageview - ignore it and wait for googles spam bots to pick it up. They always do.

"FYI if you see a site you don't recognise or trust in your stats best advice is don't click it, although it does at least mean that the search engines have crawled and indexed your blog."



No comments:

Post a Comment